An acoustic rendition of the song “B&W Photographs,” which is featured on the digital box set, POSTHASTE (2001-2012). Grab the song for $1 or purchase the whole 50-song collection at valemmich.bandcamp.com.
11 Years of Music! That’s right kids, 11 fucking years of music coming from the genius known, as Val Emmich! And how do you mark the occasion? Well, if you’re Val, you release a 50 song box set chock full of unreleased material!
Yeah, so you know those albums you’ve been listening to all these years? That ain’t all of it! Included in this box set, we’re getting the chance to hear unreleased demos, songs from Val’s missing album, covers, along with many other rarities from the first 11 years!
You’ve got a couple options though on how you can listen to Posthaste:
- Free - stream the music from bandcamp and enjoy all 50 songs!
- $1 A Song - have a few favorites after streaming Posthaste? Pick out the songs you want and get them for just $1! Load up your iPod or Walkman or whatever you use to make your music portable, you’ve got your favorite right there to listen while you mow the lawn or shovel snow or pick your noise while you tweet from the toilet. Don’t worry, we’re not judging you for it.
- $25 For 50 Songs And Then Some - need all 50 songs with you, wherever you go? Just need all 50 songs? BUY THE WHOLE BOX SET! $25 and you get all 50 songs along with 10 bonus tracks! 60! 60 FUCKING SONGS! I’m not the Count, but that sounds like the best deal kids.
In the words of Ron Swanson, “never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.” When it comes to Posthaste, there is now half assing anything! Val whole assed this release by not just releasing
50 60 songs! The man also created a fucking book too! Yeah, in case you didn’t know, Val is multi-talented. And if you want to hear about this 11 year history you can pick up Posthaste: The Book, along with all the tunes, for $45!
Remember that missing album I mentioned earlier? Yeah, it’s talked about in the book. Ever wonder why there are two versions of Slow Down Kid? That’s in the book too. Who the fuck is “boss lady” and why are you supposed to feel the need to punch her in her over-privileged face? OH! It’s in the book!
You won’t be disappointed in picking this box set up kids and if you can’t afford it, make sure to include it on your list of holiday wants from your family and friends. Trust this fan when I say, the book and music is SO worth it.
Does Val have new music out? DAMN STRAIGHT HE DOES!
Yes kids, it’s true, the man is releasing some new music today and you should get it! if you’re asking yourself why, here are a few reasons:
- IT’S NEW VAL EMMICH MUSIC, DUH!
- You can download it immediately, so you won’t have to wait till the CD is shipped. BOOM! Click download and listen.
- Priceline has it and now Val has it! Name your own price! $5, $10, $43, basically you pay whatever you liiike.
- Even if you don’t have the money to buy the album right now, you can still download it for free!
- Wait, do my ears deceive me? Did that just say free?!
- Yup! FREE!
- And to bring this back home, IT’S NEW VAL MUSIC!
Don’t him-haw around, unless you have to wait till payday, then hold off buying it till then, but don’t wait to listen! Seriously, make sure you check out Val’s bandcamp because you still stream the album till you’re able to download it.
Val Emmich is playing at MilkBoy tonight at 8pm.
You should goooooo & hear songs from his new album Bulldozzzer out 8/28/12 :-D
People ask me about t-shirts. I’m too shy to put my name on one so instead I’m using my intials.
Currently selling 5 designs:
- Vaguely Entertained
- Very Edible
- Vigilante Elephant
- Volcano Expert
- Vastly Exaggerated
Available in different colors, sizes, styles. Men, Women, Kids, Babies.
When you wear a VE tee you are possibly:
- Having harmless fun with words
- Describing your current mood
- Promoting my music/art/brand in a subtle & subversive way
- Opening yourself up to q’s (Are you really a Volcano Expert?)
- Confusing friends & foes
- Very Fashionable
Check out the full selection at valemmich.spreadshirt.com
Want a specific design in a different color or t-shirt style? Have your own idea for a VE design? No problem. Contact me here or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Show this Thurs Night 7/26 in NYC
Tri-staters. Come out for a free slathering of acoustic music drawn from my personal brain and innards. You may/may not have fun. But fun is overrated. It’s just about feeling anything other than numb.
THURS JULY 26
- Rockwood Music Hall -
196 Allen Street
New York, NY
8PM Sharp | Ages 21+
FREE SHOW TONIGHT! Those who are in the New York area tonight should check this one out! You won’t be disappointed!
Throwback Thursday - October 22, 2011
Time to get out of the heat and into a show! Val has an upcomming show July 26th and all those in the NYC, New Jersey, PA areas should try and make it out to the Rockwood Music Hall in NYC that night. We know he is on a slight break from music, so we’re incredibly lucky to get this show during this period! Hope you guys are able to make it to the show!
07/26 - Rockwood Music Hall - New York, NY 8PM Sharp
196 Allen Street, NYC 10002
Between Houston and Stanton
Tickets aren’t on sale yet, so once they become available, we’ll post a link. And for more info on this show or upcomming shows, make sure you check out Val’s website, follow him on tumblr, and sign-up to get email updates.
[original photo found here]
I wish I had last.fm otherwise i’d join!
Got last.fm or just want a place to gather & talk with other Val Emmich Fans? Well join the Val Emmich group on last.fm!